About Chiddingfold Surgery
Chiddingfold Surgery covers one hundred square miles serving 4,500 patients in Chiddingfold, Dunsfold, Northchapel, Ebernoe, Grayswood, Alfold, Loxwood, Kirdford, Plaistow and Hambledon. There is a map of the area covered here on the Surgery’s website.
About the Friends
The Chiddingfold Surgery Appeal Group was launched in 1999. In 2010, the charity was renamed The Friends of Chiddingfold Surgery (FCS).
The Friends provide equipment that benefits patients directly and would not be provided by the NHS. They focus on enabling tests to be conducted locally, saving patients travelling to local hospitals.
The Friends raise funds to:
- Maintain and calibrate the equipment they have purchased
- Replace old equipment as it ceases to function and
- Provide new equipment as technology and new needs arise.
Recent examples of purchases include:
- An ambulatory blood pressure monitor
- Oximeters to help assess when lung functioning is compromised
- A defibrilator.